WBK - Inspiration, Exploration and Fun in West Berkshire

Friday

Devil Or Angel

Illustration Friday!

Devils & Angels...... I didn't think I'd come up with anything. Mind blank, and all that jazz, but then, just a while before end of play, this idea came to me. It's a 30 second scrawl at the moment, but hopefully, by the end of the week I'll have polished it up and made it into a picture!



And here is the finsihed piece! - I drew it out on Friday night, colured it using Photoshop on Sunday. I have to admit, I think I prefer the facial expression and the devils stance in my initial sketch, but for some reason, this was lost in the latter attempts. - what do you think?



That's my personal challenge for ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY.
I've got a fair bit of work on this weekend though. Looking after both boys, some hefty work in the garden and I've been asked to create a newspaper front page for a birthday present...... Damn - You might just be stuck with my 30 second scribble after all!

5 Comments:

  • Clever composition and doodle! Hahah.

    By Blogger Chuang Shyue Chou, at 12 May, 2006  

  • Hey kewl ! What a darling lil' devil !
    We all seem to have our own personal demons. Is that your butt getting jabbed or is it someone else ?

    :-)
    stevePoisonPencil

    By Blogger steve, at 12 May, 2006  

  • Wow. Cool beans!
    love

    By Blogger The Unknown, at 13 May, 2006  

  • sweet illo, Jay! I think 30 second 'croakies' are the best and yours is divine. I like that you photographed it with the stylus and the workspace. Wouldn't change a thing.

    By Blogger Victoria Koldewyn, at 13 May, 2006  

  • They're both good, but I think I prefer that original sketch in some respects. Why did you decide not to just scan the original sketch and then lay the colours on that one?

    In any case, they're different, particularly the facial expression. The colour concept and composition is strong, and I like the slightly bemused expression in this one. A strong image either way!

    By Blogger Ian T., at 16 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home