WBK - Inspiration, Exploration and Fun in West Berkshire

Wednesday

IF Friday - SNAP

I had, what I think is a great idea for this weeks IF challenge. the only problem is, my artistic skills are really nowehere near good enough to do the idea justice.

You see, I saw this picture in my minds eye, and it looked fantastic, a really well drawn cartoon image, full of character and detail. The picture is a serious group of poker players, suddenly disrupted as one of the players slams down a card and shouts SNAP!



It's basically a felt tip pen sketch.

Last night I watched Life On Mars, and afterwards, even though I was feeling pretty tired, I scribbled this idea out - YES....YES IT IS ROUGH!!!!!!, but like I said I was tired, and wanted to go to bed, I just threw it together to keep the idea. I won't have time to do it properly, so it's probably the best you'll get from me this time round.

1 Comments:

  • I know exactly what you mean about the image looking one way in your head and then turning out completely differently on paper or on screen. It happens to me all the time. This here image has a lot going for it - you picked a tough angle and brought it off successfully, the characters (three of them - that's no walk in the park) have nice animation and energy, and you worked the piece to a level of detail that's just fun to pore over. Keep it up - each one you do is better than the last.

    By Blogger Jim Pearson, at 04 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home