WBK - Inspiration, Exploration and Fun in West Berkshire

Monday

IF - GRAVITY

"At first I cursed the laws of GRAVITY, but then realised that the most powerful and annoying law in Physics is the law of SOD.... this is the law which states that any small item dropped within 2 feet of an open drain cover will bounce, roll or flutter straight to it and drop through."





....Unless of course you are working on an engine, in which case SODS law disctates that whatever you drop, does not go all the way through, but stops somewhere in between, usually in THE most innacessible place.

I started working on this weeks theme over the weekend, and after many abborted attempts, in which I could not get a full figure dropping keys and drain cover to look right, I decided to go for this very simple sketch combined with a real photo setting. It conveys the same emotion...... OK, so it only took me about 2 minutes to throw the ink on the paper, but it's the thought that counts, and I did think about it for quite a long time.

6 Comments:

  • Can i even comment on my OWN blog????

    By Blogger Jayster, at 19 February, 2007  

  • Oh no! The great pulling forces of the drain... yes I'd have preferred if Newton had excluded this from his law.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19 February, 2007  

  • Great combined media production! So glad someone finally explained the law of SODS. I think it is a universal truth.

    By Blogger Twisselman, at 20 February, 2007  

  • I have proven this law many times myself, very true! :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 20 February, 2007  

  • That is pretty funny...it's almost like performance art...all your missing is a guy covered in flower reading poetry to a dead rabbit...

    By Blogger Brine Blank, at 20 February, 2007  

  • How totally and utterly random... I like it! You know, that design would look great on a couple of bathtiles placed above the taps...

    By Blogger Mosher, at 03 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home