WBK - Inspiration, Exploration and Fun in West Berkshire

Friday

Illustration Friday - DANCE

I know... I'm cheating a bit this week. I've already shown this recently. BUT, it wasn't actually part of an ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY. project before, I just got over excited and popped it out into the open as soon as it was finished. I am however putting a few others in on the same theme.



I've just called it Oops.. because the caption I want to use for it is too long.

It was whilst jiving at the office party that PR78Q realised that the older robots like himself, were more robustly put together, even though they were less agile. He also wondered if this incident was a sackable offence.

See - Too long to put on the back of an ATC.

So here are the others!

I started a swap on an ATC forum I am with entitled 1950's JIVE. The idea was to use different ATCs featuring jivers as buttons to access music.... Well, it was all a bit slow, and I only needed 2 cards - (swap is still open if anybody is interessted.!)The Ooops card was chosen by one participant, and The Dick Clark Show Would Never Be The Same Again was also selected. This card shows another vintage styled robot dancing with an equally old TV set, thus making the old TV show difficult to watch!








I also painted this mad, odd couple, and a funky red jazz dancer... then it all just fizzled out. I didn't paint these today, and feel guilty that I haven't created them after seeing the title!


5 Comments:

  • These are all so clever! Love your sense of humor.

    By Blogger Teri, at 16 June, 2006  

  • Great, there's a real sense of action & movement going on in these!

    By Blogger Nik, at 17 June, 2006  

  • I love the top illo - reminds me of being a kid at a wedding, and all the drunk alduts insist on swinging my wee arms around the dance floor like a rag doll.

    By Blogger sazzyplip, at 20 June, 2006  

  • hehehe. I got a real kick out of the couple.

    great colours and composition.

    By Blogger Catnapping, at 09 August, 2006  

  • I really liked the first one. The whole concept of robots attempting to dance is funny. Then again you have people trying to dance like robots. Job well done.

    Renzo E. Hernandez

    By Blogger RenzoEhernandez, at 03 July, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home